5. Install the IBM Containers plugin
Instead of using the depreciated IBM® Containers Extension (ice), use the Cloud Foundry plug-in for IBM Containers after 2016-Jan.
- Install the IBM Containers Cloud Foundry plug-in download for your operating system by running one of the following commands.
Table 2. Cloud Foundry plug in commands Operating system Command Linux 64-bit$
cf install-plugin https://static-ice.ng.bluemix.net/ibm-containers-linux_x64
When the installation completes, an OK message is displayed.Verify the plug-in installation
Verify the plug-in installation
$ cf plugins
Listing Installed Plugins…
Plugin Name Version Command Name Command Help
IBM-Containers 0.8.826 ic IBM Containers plug-in
Logging in through CLI
Log in to Bluemix through the Cloud Foundry CLI
$ cf login -a api.ng.bluemix.net
- For Email, enter the IBM ID that you use to log in to Bluemix.
- For Password, enter the password for the IBM ID that you use to log in to Bluemix. By entering your user name and password, your Bluemix organization and space are retrieved.
- Enter the number that represents one of your Bluemix organizations.
- Enter the number that represents one of your Bluemix spaces
Log in to the IBM Container service
cf ic login